Sentence The Fivehundredandsecond
Here's the quodlibet, for today,”
Said Auntie Crist to Auntie May;
As she set down the breakfast tray,
And looked around as if to say,
“If a slyboots passing through,
Should sidle up and say to you,
'I'll sing a paean of praise for two
Of those cream buns you have on view,'
Pray how, do tell, should Christians feel,
If faced with such a twist of zeal,
If they earwitness such a deal -
Does the power of Faith corruption heal?”
And Auntie May, no hesitant,
Sat up and faced my elder Aunt,
And said, “my dear, one really can't
Deny the Sinner what one can grant,
If all it takes is one cream bun,
Or even two, or three – in fun -
To turn his face towards the Son
of God then Holiness has won!”
And Aunty Crist said, “that is true,
And so I gave him, one and two,
Which means my dear, I truly rue,
I have none left, for me or you!”
 

Comments

Popular Posts