Sentence The Twohundredandeightyfourth
Sensing a certain reticence in his Man, Sir Parlane MacFarlane sat and gazed at Duncan Doubleday: “do I detect some diffidence, Duncan, are you unconvinced about the Society I have described?” and Doubleday cleared his throat: “I confess, Maister, to some apprehension, on my own part, to being a member of such a celebrated Circle, alongside Goodmen, Tradesmen, Gentlemen, Noblemen – I am but a Servant, and an humble one . . . . .” but Sir Parlane interrupted him: “get not thyself in a lather, Man, for I see our Ring as one of enlightened Men, unbound by convention, unfettered by custom, unrestrained by society or it's Rules of Etiquette and Courtly Love – let me limn a picture for you, of a safe place where all Men are equal and free to explore the desires which beat in our hearts and the drives which arise in our loins, where Marriage is a curiosity of History, and the concepts of legitimacy and bastardy, those two sides of the one coin, are erased and we are all free to enjoy whatever Woman, of whatever age, takes our fancy, for was not Adam created in God's likeness and

Eve to give him company and pleasure?” and Doubleday replied, “aye, Maister, you speak true,” to which MacFarlane responded: “and I will always so do, for if you harken to my words, I will reify for you a Great Thing which will last a Thousand Years, and always be associated with the names of MacFarlane and Doubleday and in which the fruits of our loins will perpetrate this Fine Union of Man to Man the World o'er, and Men in Women Free to Use, for e'er more, and, oops! I forgot to say: Thine buxom Marie is now with child, and my blood and your name shall evermore be entwined – fit cause for celebration, what say you, My Man? awaken Goldilocks, for I have more to give her, and you also, if I am any judge of a Man's tumescence, so hurry, Duncan, chop chop!"

Comments

Popular Posts