Sentence The Twohundredandfiftysixth
Thomas sat back on his heels and stared at his friends: Bernie, Tammy and Tavish had recounted the events which had culminated in their arrivals in the Cavern; “I believe it is what is called a farrago,” he said, “and to be condemned to re-live it in your minds in perpetuity without understanding why these things happened is not conducive to an eudemonic existence,” and as they stared at him, he continued, “I'm sorry if I do not tiptoe around your tale, but it does seem to me that the other two patients who have come from your time hold the answers you seek, and perhaps that is why you and they are here,” he paused and looked at each of them for a moment: “I can appreciate why Tammy and Bernie should wish to kill this man, Doubleday, but don't you think that to do so without knowing why he did what he did to you would leave all your questions unanswered? and the other must be connected in some way, for they both wear an identical ring, which I have only seen once before,” and he turned to Tavish, “but you sir, I should imagine that it might signify something to you, or am I mistaken?” and Tavish looked Thomas straight in the eye and replied: “you are very astute Master Thomas, and correct; I have seen such a ring before and have an inkling of what it might be that links these two to others I have seen over the years,” and then Bernie and Tammy cried out: “tell us, tell us, you must if you can,” and Tavish dropped his gaze and stared at the dusty stone floor of the Cavern.

Comments

Popular Posts