Sentence The Twohundredandfifth
 
“What do you want a Hat Check for?” asked Tam, relaxing on Dolores' plump cushions – his favourite place to be, other than his bath or the electric chair he spent much of his time in when at his Ramsay Garden apartment; “don't be silly,” she laughed, “a little hook – háček – it's Czech; I try to avoid as many syllables as possible, each one I save equals a second in my life, and at our age that's worth a lot”; Tam ran his fingers through her wild blonde/grey hair, saying: “your reputation for probity in all matters is undeniable and, whereas I have a pronounced tendency to multi-syllabic constructions, mostly for your very own delectation,” and he began to falter as her belly bubbled with the effort of controlling her own natural tendency towards full-bodied laughter, until he, too began to chortle: “you'll send me to Jotunheim if you don't control yourself, darling woman, so, tell me, where do you want me to put this little háček,” and when she saw what he was holding towards her she slapped him playful: “I said a little hook, it's not for dangling the carcass of a Reindeer from, but I do have another use for this one,” as she reached out her hand and grabbed his offering!
 


Comments

Popular Posts